How to register your foreign visa in Russia
If you are staying in a hotel you DO NOT NEED to do anything special because the hotel will automatically take care of your registration.
If you are staying with a relative, friend, or Airbnb YOU NEED to be registered within 3 (three) days after entering Russia. If you do not register the owner of the place you are staying at will be fined up to 5,000 Rubles and the foreign person will be fined up to 3,000 Rubles.
The owner of the property must submit the application either in person or by mail with the local authority of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and provide the following documents along with the application:
- copies of all the pages of the foreign guest’s passport,
- migration card which was given to the foreign guest upon entering Russia,
- valid Russian passport of the owner of the property,
- title or other papers proving the ownership of the property,
- written consent of any other owners of the property,
- and the payment.
At the moment of writing this article the fee is 216 Rubles, but this is subject to change. You will receive back a part of the application with a stamp and signature as proof that the guest has been registered.
It’s important to not lose this paper.