RUSSIAN AGENCY offers services to confirm citizenship of the Russian Federation for Russian citizens permanently living in the U.S.
The confirmation is required if a Russian citizen is going to apply for a new Russian travel passport, and both of his/her old Russian passports (internal and travel) are lost or expired. Or the Russian citizen has never had a Russian internal or travel passport.
RUSSIAN AGENCY processes the confirmation of Russian citizenship without the personal appearance of the applicant at the consulate. You can request this service from us at one of our locations, by mail, or by email.
The processing time for confirmation of Russian citizenship is 3 months or more. There is no maximum time limit for processing these requests. The processing time of the confirmation of citizenship is NOT regulated by Russian laws.
There are 3 different situations for this process:
- First, if you were registered in the Russian Federation on Feb. 6th 1992, the request will be sent to the local authority of the ministry of Internal Affairs.
- Second, if you received Russian Federation citizenship in one of the Russian consulates abroad the request will be sent to that consulate.
- Third, if you were adopted from Russia by foreign parents your request will be sent to the orphanage where you were adopted from.
This is why the processing time can vary greatly.
Please CALL our TOLL FREE numbers (888) 9-RUSSIA or (888) 978-7742 about our fees because the pricing is subject to change .
We can process your application and send you the documents with no personal appearance or appointments at the consulate or our offices.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY (FOR ADULTS AND MINORS):
STEP 1 (you should mail the following items to us):
- Payment of processing and shipping fees. We accept personal checks, money orders and cashier checks. All the checks and orders should be made payable to RUSSIAN AGENCY. We do not accept credit cards.
- completed application,
- passport photo;
- a copy of the main page of your expired Russian foreign travel passport;
- a copy of your expired Russian internal passport (main page and all the pages with address registrations in Russia);
- a copy of your birth certificate;
- if you apply for a citizenship confirmation for a minor under the age of 18 a copy of a valid Russian foreign travel passport of one of the parents or guardians is required (a copy of the main page);
- If you were adopted you will also need to provide copies of adoption documents (including adoption order issued by a Russian court);
- A copy of your valid U.S. passport, permanent residence card or visa is required
Once your citizenship is confirmed you have only 1 (one) year from that date to apply for a new Russian foreign travel passport.
If you don’t apply within this time frame, you must go through the whole process of the confirmation again.
There is only one option available in this situation for the processing time of your Russian foreign travel passport after you confirm citizenship, which is 2 to 3 months.
Attention! If you need an expedited processing of a Russian foreign travel passport and you don’t have any valid Russian passports at this moment, you can apply for a Russian internal passport instead of the confirmation of citizenship, which will be faster. After receiving your internal Russian passport you will be eligible for EXPEDITED processing of a Russian foreign travel passport.
The following links may be helpful for you: